Sunday, January 30, 2011

We are Madrid Masters!!!

Friday, After our run-in with crafty little pick-pocketers, we wandered around some more a little more aware of our surroundings. We continued on our journey and finally found the Prado Museum, which took us about 2 hours to find and is about a 20 minute walk from our hotel. (we did walk through a park, stopped to take pictures, and ate at VIPS but it still took way longer than it should) once we got to the Prado it was almost time for lunch so we decided we would go after lunch or the next morning. We met with Kim's host families daughter for lunch and then walked around with her, we went to a bunch of different plazas, an indoor market, went to a palace, and then to see the Don Quixote statue, then she took us to Gran Via, which reminds Kim and I of time square and the shopping district of NYC. We walked around there and then went shopping at the Corte Ingles, a 9 story department store... after that we made our way back to the hotel, once we got back we had walked the perimeter of Madrid and dropped off our stuff at the hotel then went back out for dinner at Hard Rock Madrid, where we ate and I got myself a souvenir glass, when we went to hard rock we walked past the National Library, which I really wanted to come back to Saturday to see the inside...
Saturday, We woke up and my foot hurt really bad... Idk what I did but I walked on it all over Madrid again with the pain. This time we went to the Prado and went inside, unfortunately no photos were permitted. The Prado is AMAZING, sculptures and old paintings that look like new, we spent over 2 hours there then walked around some more we went to Starbucks on Friday and Saturday because neither of our main towns have one... we walked all around again went back to the Plaza Mayor and Gran Via then we called it an early night and went back to the hotel around 6 because my ankle was killing me...
Sunday, we got up and again ate churros con chocolate at VIPS then met up with Belen y Remi and walked around. They took us to a typical outdoor market that happens every Sunday in Madrid then we met the rest of the family for dinner and came home..
It was a very eventful weekend and I am glad I went, there are a few other museums I would like to see but I can say been there done that and now I am happily back in Cantimpalos, a small quiet town where it is SNOWING!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You get to see SNOW in SPAIN?! That is so very, very awesome. Please take pictures - I'd love to see that. :)

    ReplyDelete