Saturday, January 15, 2011

update numero uno!!

There are so many things to talk about I don't even know where to begin...
So when we got to ATL our flight was delayed until 7:55, we were suppose to leave at 6:55!
then delayed again until 8:45
then again until 10pm.... so they gave us each a 6 dollar food voucher, which I used to get a coke, small fry and M&M McFlurry! ;) but as I was waiting for my food they made an announcement that our flight was back to 8:45 and we needed to get back to the terminal stat! so we head back and begin to board but apparently 3 people did not hear the announcement and did not come back to the plane...so we had to wait until 9:15 before they would bump them from the flight...then if they were bumped we had to wait another 15-30 minutes for them to locate and remove their bags from the plane....after all this mess we took off from ATL at 9:35 and landed in Madrid at roughly 11am...Madrid time...as soon as we landed we packed our bags (which didn't all fit down below on our bus...so we were awfully crowded...
when we arrived in Madrid we went sight seeing and ate a traditional Spanish lunch... 3 courses! It was deliciouso! In Segovia (which is the main town near my village) we saw an amazing cathedral and the roman aqueduct, we left Segovia at 4 and headed to Valladolid... when we got here we Skyped our families and bought phones then we hung out at the hotel Mozart then went out for a girls night... we stopped at the first place and had tapas y vino y sangria (tapas are like little little appetizers that come with your wine they are different but most of them are really good!
after that we went to a discotech... (a dance club) I only went because they said you have to try this wine and coke, which I thought sounded weird but then they ordered rum and coke... :( I really wanted to try the vino y coka... while I was drinking my rum and coke some guy came up to me and asked if this was my first drink, if it was he would buy me another and one of the girls who speaks Spanish said no that is her third, trying to get him to go away...then he stopped trying to buy me a drink but asked why we wouldn't dance with him... what an awkward experience!!!
After 6 of 18 of us left the discotech we went back to our hotel, Kim and I decided to take a new way home and see if we could beat the other girls, but I kept getting distracted by all the shoe stores, girls boots may be hard to find in Florida but not Spain! So by getting distracted we didn'tnot beat the girls who took the right way back to the hotel...the rest of the girls are out partying it up Spanish style and we are getting ready for bed...
We that was the adventures for the first day!!!

5 comments:

  1. hahaha omgsh... getting distracted by all the shoe stores, I am rubbing off on you!!!!!!!!!! hahaha pick me up a pair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you are... its awful..first it was packing too much clothes, now it is shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about all the zapaterias! (shoe stores) and yeah, lots of boots! I bet you will come back with a whole new wardrobe and you can tell US what's "in style" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wouldn't that be a change of pace...
    shorts over leggings is pretty big over here...but I feel like that happened at home last year. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive never understood shorts over leggings. i mean, just wear some pants?! skirts/dresses, i can understand. b/c that prevents people from getting a show. but shorts? oy vey. please don't follow that trend laur lol

    ReplyDelete