Sunday, January 23, 2011

I smell like a pig!

I forgot to say, the kids think I speak English funny, which made me laugh because they speak English funny...but their English teacher is Spanish so I guess they are right, I do sound funny.

On Friday after school we went out to eat and then Marta (the English teacher in Cantimpalos) and I went to a pig farm, where I saw baby pigs be born and the BIGGEST pigs I have ever seen in my life!!!! I got to hold baby pigs and Maria (Marta's 2 and a half year old daughter) kept trying to take them from me and kept saying in Spanish I want one I want one... After the pig farm we went to a Jamon factory, where Marta's husband works (it's the family business), when we got there they immediately told us that we smell like a pig. I got to tour the jamon factory and see more jamon than I would ever like to see... it freaks me out that they still have the feet!

After I got back from the outtings on Friday my family and I went for a walk... Angela (my Spain sister) was telling me about her dads work and she said "My dad is a drunk driver in Portugal with ham in his trunk." so I am picturing her dad driving around drunk..and so I say Por que? and she says it is his job... so now I am picturing him getting paid to drink and drive... so I say "mucho cerveza?" and Angela and my Spanish mom both laugh and then I figure out she is trying to say "my dad is a truck driver going to Portugal to deliver ham...

3 comments:

  1. That is SO, SOOOOO cool! Did you get to take any pictures of the farm or factory? That is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, the pictures of the farm and factory are on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How am I missing this?! ARGHHHHH. Ok, going to look now. :)

    ReplyDelete