Saturday, January 15, 2011

I almost forgot!!

SO I had my first epic Spanish speaking fail tonight!
Kim and I decided to leave the group (within walking distance) to go to an ATM to get out some Euros to make paying as a group easier... well when we walked to plaza major we could not find an ATM so we decided, I decided, to ask a nice man, older, not sketchy looking man to help me find an ATM, so when the first nice helpful looking person walks up...
I say: "Pardon"
He says: "Si?"
I say: "Donde es ummm un ATM?"
He says: "No tienes"
I say: "oh, lo siento... buenos noche"
and he walks away, I ask Kim what tienes means because in the moment I cannot think of the meaning and cannot translate fast enough.... she says I don't know, you speak more Spanish than I do...
When we finally stop laughing about what an epic fail our attempt to ask for help in Spanish was we locate an ATM and get out some Euros. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I remembered later...hahah...when he was long gone...but he told me they didn't have ATM???
    yes they did... liar! maybe he didn't have a clue what I was trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, he probably didn't. so he just said they didn't have it lol

    ReplyDelete