Sunday, January 30, 2011

pick-pocketing...a crafty profession!

So Kim and I went to Madrid this weekend and it is like the New York City of Spain. Tall buildings crazy drivers, street performers and pick-pocketers...
Kim and I got up Friday morning and decided to start exploring, our outcome location the Prado Museum...we had probably been walking for about 30 minutes when we saw this really cool big arch in the middle of a round-about, so we took a picture and then crossed the road... when we got across the road we were stopped by three young women who asked us to sign a petition for the blind. We told them we didn't have any money but they said they just needed signatures, so we signed the petitions. After we signed they said they needed to see our ID's to check the signatures, so Kim got her wallet out first, followed by me. Kim showed her ID and they asked her to take it out of the clear pocket, she said no and felt the zipper on her wallet opening, so she got away from the girl quickly. I hadn't realized what had happened and proceeded to get my ID out of my wallet when I noticed the girls finger was on the money pocket, I tried to move the wallet away but by this time I had 3 girls around me talking trying to distract me. When Kim yelled my name the girls looked up and I was able to get away...we quickly walked until we found VIPS our new breakfast restaurant where we re-cooperated and ate churros con chocolate. which is churros with sugar on top, that you dip in the thickest chocolateyist hot chocolate you will ever try.
This became a 3 morning breakfast tradition, they are so good!!!

Later that night on our way back to the hotel after dinner we saw two guys trying to break into a car, and when the door didn't open they went to the next and when that didn't open the next... SCARY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, and beware of the street vendors who use those little rocks, the noise makers like I got Jonathan? They use those as a distraction to pick your pockets sometimes. I usually wouldn't even stop. It's sad, but you can help people in other ways. Be careful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the noises, the street performers make the weirdest noises that make you look all around...

    ReplyDelete