Sunday, January 23, 2011

Feel the burn!!!

Today, Sunday Jan 23rd, I hiked 10 miles round trip up and back down a mountain in La Granja, Spain... It was quite intense and I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the top... but I was rather determined and I did it, with help from God as I prayed my way to the top! I may have been the last one up but I finished, and in my defense this group of people do this every 4-6 weeks!!! The views were spectacular and I am so glad I fought until the end... my trip to Spain would not have been complete without a trip to the mountains, I love them!!!
After hiking 10 miles in 12 degrees F weather, we walked around La Granja and went to a palace where the king and queen spent their vacations... I also saw an old factory where glass is made, it was built to make any glass, chandeliers, glasses, vases etc... for castles and palaces.
oh I almost forgot, yesterday we ate dinner at "Fosters Hollywood, an American restaurant" this may sound weird but I walked in and said oh my gosh it smells like home... I ordered a chicken ranch wrap and said oh my gosh it tastes like home!
Well back to school tomorrow, and a long 3 day weekend ahead, I will post again in a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about that restaurant! Yeah... yummy!!! And I'm proud of you for the hike - don't think I would have made it. :)

    ReplyDelete