Sunday, January 16, 2011

DAY 2!!! Valladolid!!

let me start off my saying I had a PID (pork induced dream)...they are not good, they aren't nightmares they are normally just crazy... my Friend Becca told me about PIDs back in high school and I didn't believe her but now every time I eat pork I have crazy dreams! and OOPS I had pork again tonight, should be interesting dreams!
Ok so Valladolid...last night my roommate and I got in at about 1AM (Spain time) and we went to bed at like 4.... the next group of girls came in at 4 and the last group at 5:15... Spain parties all night long apparently... nothing had really even started when I left to go back to the hotel... My roommate and I were dead tired so we slept most of the day, at 5 we left the hotel to go explore for a little over an hour.. some of the girls told us how to get to this super awesome park where we found an awesome fountain and Euro Landia, which was a Disney themed ride that costed 1 Euro to ride.. in this town in 1 day we found a 2 story carousel and Euro Landia... I want to ride the carousel... in the park we found peacocks and I stepped in dog poop... so when we got back I spent a half an hour scrubbing my boots with a toothbrush... :( no bueno!
After that we came back to the hotel and got ready for dinner... we went to the foundation for orientation where I found out that I was one of the 3 girls who were placed with a family, my family has 2 children! :) I am so very happy!!! We meet our directors (principals) and I meet my family tomorrow!!
After orientation we went to dinner which lasted just over 2 hours (apparently this is short for a Spanish dinner) dinner started at 9ish and we got back to the hotel around 11:30... after dinner a few of us walked around the square and then came back and I have been on my computer ever sense!!! :)
the courses at dinner were as follows:
main meal (so much good food)
dessert (AMAZING!! 5 different things to choose from)
cafe con leche (coffee here is different, and better in Spain...Beka, I know will enjoy this...Sugar packets here are jumbo sized like 2 and a half packets at home)
drinks (they were gross)

3 comments:

  1. haha laur, you are right, I enjoy the talk about coffee! I wish I could try this better spanish coffee. and wow, finally sugar packets that meet our standards! haha so we don't have to use like a million.

    I LOVE YOU AND I MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete