Monday, February 28, 2011

Midday, already...wow!

Today, Feb 28th, 2011 is officially Midday, it is day 45 of 90, this trip is half way over.
So let me tell you about what has been going on.
Last weekend, my friend Christina came to Segovia, and stayed with my family... we made an American meal and my family took us to the sights.
This past week, I had an entire 10 minute conversation in Spanish, on the car ride home from school last Thursday, I was soooo proud of myself. Nothing was in English, I understood the whole conversation and I spoke, and yes more than si, vale, etc... I asked questions and responded and told Ruben, the music teacher, about my family too! I am learning, I am really learning Spanish. :)
This weekend, I went to Avila Friday night and Saturday Christina and I walked around Avila. Sunday morning we got up early and took the train to Madrid to go to the outdoor flea market thing that opens on Sundays in Madrid. It was a great day. On the way back we had to take separate trains because I was going back to Segovia and she was going back to Avila. My train left about 10 or 15 minutes before hers did and when we were looking to see which of the 20 platforms I was on none of the signs were saying which platform my train was on and so I nearly missed the train as I finally found a sign that didn't just say the train was leaving in 2 minutes. I ran out to the platform jumped on the train and text Christina saying, I made it, I hope this is the right train. It was.
Today, Monday, I brought peanut butter and jelly to school for the teachers to try, and most of them loved it!
Well Happy midday everyone, see you in a Month and a half!

1 comment: