Tuesday, February 15, 2011

PB&J never tasted so good...

So today I stayed home sick from school, the past two weeks I have had a wicked cold and still have been going to school anyway, it is just a cold. But this morning I just didn't have the energy so I went back to bed and slept until 2:30... when I was woken up by my entire Spain family holding a package...from...AMERICA. My amazing mommy sent me a care package for Valentines day, now it didn't actually arrive on Valentines day but, I am kinda happy it didn't, because it arrived today when I stayed home sick. Inside the package was cold medicine, hand sanitizer, sanitizer wipes, LOTS of chocolate, poptarts, peanut butter and jelly, a book about the space center, and a card and when I read the card I started to cry, I hadn't eaten lunch because Spanish food just didn't sound appealing so I was going to go without... but when I opened the package I had to have a PB&J sandwich...but first I had to call my mom at work. When she answered the phone at first it didn't sound like her so I said "may I speak to Mary Maxwell, please." sounding a little puzzled she said "speaking" and I responded "momma, you are my hero, and don't worry these are tears of joy, I got my package today and I love you so much.". then after talking to the most wonderful mommy in the world I went to the living room with the boxes of chocolates mom sent for my Spain family and the PB&J... I made my self a sandwich and took a bite, peanut butter and jelly has never tasted so good in my life.
I am so happy my package arrived today and so grateful that I have such an amazing mommy to send me a package from home!

2 comments: