Sunday, February 13, 2011

Italian is American, right?

So the past two weeks have been fun and emotionally draining all at the same time.. Every time I step into the classroom I am a little more comfortable and a little more willing to ask the teachers to let me take over...
I got to do valentine's day stuff with the kids and some outside games that helped with the lesson they were learning.. also in one class they are learning about reading a map and directions and I just happened to bring maps of Melbourne and we used those,which they loved because they got to see where I live, and the whole map is in English....
Last weekend my family took me to Pedraza (I think that is how you spell it) and it was this little old town outside of Segovia with only 1 way in and out, really neat with a fort and the old jail house, which we toured. Then on Sunday we went to a womens day festival in the town square where women are in charge of the town for the day...
This weekend I met up with Kim, Ashlee and Krystal in Valladolid...let me tell you Friday was not my day, first the kids asked me if I was pregnant, I was mortified... then at 3:45 the English teacher dropped me off in Carbonero to take the bus to Valladolid, I sat at the bus stop for 2 hours to get LEFT!!!! the bus stopped people got off and he zoomed off before I could get on... so my family picked me up and took me to Valladolid... on Saturday we went to the cathedral and the park, outside the park I was showing the girls how I mimed tripping in class, Friday, and while showing them I actually ate it and landed on the ground. but all in all it was a good weekend with the girls...
We were getting sick of Spanish food so we wanted something familiar to us and one of the girls said "Italian food is American, right??" which after she said it we all laughed and we were like well technically no but we know we will like it...
We ordered "grilled cheese" as an appetizer thinking maybe it was like little grilled cheese sandwiches, it was literally melted matzeralla cheese with bread sticks to eat it with... when we saw it we bust out laughing, because it was nothing like what we expected...but it was tastey.
Oh by the way, those of you who don't know I went to the doctor after Madrid because my foot had been giving me trouble and the doctor said I have a bone spur on the bottom of my foot, it still hurts...Please pray that it gets better soon!! thanks...
Miss you all

No comments:

Post a Comment